Like your relationship, it’s all in the details
How long are Private Lesbian Retreats?
No matter which option you pick, all options receive extra time and attention, outside of the Retreat time.
Prior to the Retreat, I meet with each of you to complete an hour-long Relationship Assessment.
After your Lesbian Couples Retreat, you have an additional hour-long video Follow-up session.
I have added those 3 hours to the numbers below.
There are two options:
- Connection (17 hours)
- Transformation (20 hours)
How much does a Lesbian Couples Retreat cost?
The price depends on the length of the Retreat. The differences between the options and costs are described below.
I realize this is a financial investment, just like any ‘feel-good’ weekend would be.
When deciding if this is a worthwhile use of your vacation funds, I encourage you to consider that, with this Retreat weekend, you are taking memories and tools home with you that will change your relationship and last a lifetime.
Does my insurance cover a Retreat for Lesbian Couples?
Insurance companies only cover hour-long sessions.
We are doing 2 to 5 months of traditional therapy over one weekend. This intensive model increases the odds for success, reduces the ‘backsliding’ that traditionally happens with weekly visits and is just easier to fit into a busy life.
Insurance companies don’t understand this and the medical model does not pay for intense treatment for couples, as illogical as that is. So, unfortunately, no.
Are there payment options?
Of course! I understand that this is a signifiant investment. First, I am happy to give you a discount if we do not use credit cards. If I am not paying that fee, I am happy to remove that fee on your end as well.
As for the payment itself, I require 50% for a deposit to secure your date and 50% one week prior to the Retreat.
If necessary, I am able to create a payment plan with an agreed payment schedule and your card on file.
Don’t be hesitant to reach out to me about options. I truly want to be helpful. This is my business, so I need to think of the economics but I also know that getting help sooner helps you make change sooner; so I will try to work with you.
What’s included with the Lesbian Couples Retreat?
- 17 to 20 hours of focused relationship coaching; equivalent to 4 to 5 months of therapy in one weekend.
- Pre-Workshop Individual Relationship Assessment Sessions
- My full attention throughout our time together
- Snacks and beverages to nurture and sustain you
- Resource manual used during and after the Workshop
- Personalized list of recommendations based on your relationship
- Follow-up couples session (online)
- Follow-up supports including emails with relationship tips
What’s the difference between the two options?
Adding to what you gain from the ‘Foundation’, this 17 hour Retreat also focuses on strengthening and deepening your connections. You learn how to successfully communicate with your partner so she hears you. Lastly, you learn how to apologize effectively as we address injuries or betrayals that have caused damage in the relationship. Your big hurts can finally be put to rest and you know how to more effectively connect with your partner to prevent future hurts.
Cost is $3,400
This 24 hour Private Retreat strengthens your gains from the Connection Retreat with additional time to practice your tools successfully and address issues that have significantly impacted your relationship. These issues are often multi-layered and may include areas of sexuality, affairs, repeated conflicts, and trauma. As we work together, you both see each other with new eyes. Your empathy and understanding of one another’s vulnerabilities bring your relationship to a an amazing depth. You truly feel transformed and leave with confidence in your ability to do things differently.
Cost is $4,500
What is your success rate?
Emotionally Focused Therapy and Gottman Methods for Couples, which are the core for my Private Lesbian Retreats, have a documented success rate of reducing relationship distress by 90%.
I hesitate to write this second part as I know it sounds unbelievable…
EVERY couple that has worked with me has left in a better place. Due to my complete focus on you, the evidence-based protocol, and the Retreat’s format designed around your unique situation, I can truly say that every couple has left with improved communication, concrete tools, better understanding, and increased hope. That is why I enjoy doing these so much; I love seeing the transformation in my couples.
I have a consistent track record of success, which gives me the confidence to know I can make your relationship better. Let’s do this!
So what’s the process from here?
1. Decide the length of Retreat you want. You may not be clear what is most advisable for your situation. I will be happy to give a direct and honest opinion, based on my years as a lesbian relationship coach.
2. Determine where the retreat will be: my place, your destination choice, or online. Each has its strengths and costs, so again, I am open to sharing my thoughts on that.
3. Pick a few different dates** for the retreat, based on your schedule. At this point, you need to contact me so we can compare schedules and solidify the dates for you.
** I see clients and do relationship coaching during the week. The days I set aside for Private Lesbian Retreats start Thursday night and extend through Monday. I find couples benefit from a ‘break’ day between the Retreat and ‘reality’, so the majority of couples have Retreats on Friday-Saturday (possibly starting Thursday evening).
4. Put down a deposit. A 50% deposit secures your dates. If you are using a payment plan, your spot is secured once the 50% minimum has been met.
5. Within one business day, you will each receive a confirmation email with details on what to expect and a link to my secure client portal to complete your confidential intake and necessary paperwork.
6. Based on your Retreat date, I will contact each of you a month prior to set up your Individual Relationship Assessment video session.